Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Megan Marie Cohn

I am Megan Marie Cohn. I was born September 5th, 1986 in Batesville, AR. My mom, Dana Bennett, and dad, Kenny Bennett were just babies themselves when they welcomed me into the world. I love the story they have. Two totally different worlds coming together to form a family! I am happy to say that they are still married today! I know they have had some rough times, but I thank God everyday that they have been able to look past their differences.
We lived in Cave City, AR until Dad took a job in Searcy, Ar. It was the summer before I started 2nd grade. I remember the first day of school so vividly. Momma was holding my hand and the closer we got to the door the tighter my grip on her was. That was in 1994, and 10 years later in 2004, I was walking across the stage getting my diploma from Searcy High School. I would say that my years in school were pretty good. Some years better than others. Probably the worst thing I ever dealt with was mean girls. I wish I could go back to my younger self and tell her not to worry about any of them. Once you get out of school, you never see any of them again. Its not worth the stress. I did walk away from Searcy High School with people who will always be in my heart. Do I see them often? No not at all. Even if I don't see them they are ones who I carry daily with me. (Audra, Amy, Sarah)
Momma and Daddy never had any more kids. It was just us! The three of us. Things were simple. They both worked hard for everything we had. They taught me responsibility. I got a job as soon as I was able. Thank you Ricky for hiring me when I was 13 at Sunrise Honda! ;) Honestly,  there was never a time I was without a job until I had Jagger and became a stay-at-home mommy. They taught me honesty, integrity, compassion, hard work, and great love for music/movies and a good book! I did not grow up in a home where we went to church regularly. Momma said when we moved from Cave City, she just never found a church that she wanted to call "home". She did continue to do her best to teach me about God's love for me. I did attend VBS almost every year, and did manage to go to church camp with friends. This is when my love for Jesus started. Did I put him first for all those years? NO. I lived my life with him on the very far back burner. Not until Matthew and I got married, did I decide that I wanted him to be front and center. I wanted my home to be centered around HIM. I wanted my kids to grow up in a home that loves HIM and isn't afraid to show it!
Growing up, I never really saw myself as a mom. I never really wanted kids. I didn't really like being around kids. Maybe it's because I was an only and it was just a "grown up" environment. The moment I laid eyes on Jagger, I knew God had a different plan for me. If possible, I would have more than the two we have. I would love to adopt. Even before I had kids, I have felt led to adopt. I can't explain it, it's just something that has always been there. I have always felt led to go on mission trips. Why have I gone? I have no idea...It's on my bucket list and one day I will.
So, who am I? Who is Megan Marie Cohn.....
I am a mother (Thank you Jagger and Hudson)
I am a wife (Matthew, I am so glad had plans for us)
I am a daughter
I am a friend
I am a Jesus lover
I am a sinner (I mess up every day)
I am a prayer warrior
I am a book lover (sometimes obsessive)
I am a learner (I LOVE to learn about things and learn new things)
I am cook (one of my favorite types of therapy)
I am a worrier
I am a lover (I love to love on people...need a hug or a smile I am your girl)
I am a Southern girl (I am proud of my Southern roots)
I am a fixer
I am a honest person (Don't ask me unless you want the truth)
I am a controller (I like to be in control)
I am a Disney lover (sorry, but not sorry... I need to know when I can go back to Disney!)
I am a fan of cozy days by the fire with a good book
I am a foodie (food is what motivates me! Its why I go on vacation)
I am not good at controlling my temper (working on it)
I am not good at loving myself fully (I pick myself a part)
I am not good at patience (working on it)
I am not good at house work (who is?)
I am not good at rejection ( I just want to be loved and accepted)
I AM ME!!!!
I am so grateful for the life that God has given me. The good, bad and in between. I know each and every moment has made me the woman I am today.


















I like to dance or at least pretend I can dance!! LOL 









Sorry Jen and Nana...I had to...Such a fun night! LOL 





Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Lots of love....

1 comment:

  1. You will always be “Megan Marie Bennett” to me (pretty sure Megan and Marie were the most common first and middle names in our grade!)
    I always remembered your birthday for some odd reason....I’m not sure why-maybe you were the only Sept birthday or something? 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Super kind (the nice girl) in school, but still super popular! You never excluded anyone...you weren’t “clique-ish”.
    From elementary-high school.....you were a kind old soul. I could always count on you to know the good music (since we were raised on our parents similar tastes!) Always envied you...you have the sweetest mama, best style, BEST HAIR and TAN :) And so so pretty!! :)
    Have enjoyed following you as a mama! Sounds like we share similar characteristics-Disney, foodie, cook, temper...🤣🤷🏼‍♀️
    Love reading your blog. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete