Thursday, July 5, 2018

Family, Friends, and Fireworks!

4th of July!! One of my favorite holidays! What's better than family, friends, fireworks and good food??
Growing up, the 4th was a HUGE ordeal for my family! My dad would take off the whole week of the 4th. We would pack up, and head "home". "Home" is what we called Strawberry! Strawberry is where my grandma Margie, and my uncles live. (Bennie and Pop live here now! Several years ago, they decided to  leave Searcy where we lived for over 20 years and moved  back "home") This is the town my dad is from, and about 15 miles away is Cave City, which is where my mom is from!  If you have never heard of Strawberry, don't feel bad, not many people have. Its a super small town that if you are not paying attention you will blink and miss it! 
Anywho... We would load our bags, four wheelers, tents and fireworks and head "home". The whole week was spent swimming in the creek, camping, shooting fireworks, and eating lots of good food! There would be times as many as 50 people would be on the farm visiting and hanging out. Lots of good memories. We don't spend a week down at the farm anymore, but every year this holiday brings back so many precious memories for me.  I am glad that my boys love to celebrate the 4th and hope that when they get older they will look back and have good memories also. 
















Hope everyone had a super blessed 4th!! 
Lots of love....

No comments:

Post a Comment