Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Weekend Recap

I am SO SO happy that the sun is shining!! I almost forgot what the sunshine looked like. No really, my family has been straight stir crazy over all the rain. My kids enjoy being outside, and there has been no outside. There has been more pouting, bickering, laziness, and the "don't want tos" in our house lately. I one hundred percent blame this on the weather. Ok, enough about the weather....This weekend was a pretty normal weekend. Saturday it rained all morning, so we watched a really good football movie with our boys. We love to pile on the couch together and watch a good movie. I bought a subscription to Pure Flix. It's very similar to Netflix except everything is Christian based. All the movies are clean and it just gives me a peace of mind that we are watching something not full of sex, drugs, and vulgar language. The movie we watched is called Hometown Legend. It is basically your typical football movie. The local football team is having a loosing streak, so an old football coach comes back to help the team get back on their feet. It was good, and both my boys enjoyed it!
After we watched the movie, the weather finally cleared off, so both boys were outside. I finished some chores around the house, and then read some in my book. We had plans that night to go eat craw fish with some friends, but the plans fell through, so Matthew and I stayed home to watch a movie. Matthew has been saying for some time that he wanted to watch A Star is Born. I have honestly been avoiding the movie because I am not good with romance, love stories. I know, I know....not what you thought huh? I just don't like to cry at movies. It sends me into anxiety for no reason, and I don't like it. I get to emotionally involved! So, I have been telling him no I did not want to see it, even though I do enjoy Bradley Cooper (I mean who doesn't?). We sat down while we were eating supper to decide what movie to rent. Matthew instantly says A Star is Born. My choice was Bohemian Rhapsody. We finally decide on A Star is Born, and we made a compromise, if it was too sad we would turn it off!!
Within 15 minutes into the movie, I was hooked and emotionally attached! The style of music Bradley Cooper sings in the movie is exactly the style we enjoy. I have never really given Lady Gaga a chance, but she was absolutely wonderful in the movie. I made it through the whole movie without crying until the end, and then I bawled like a baby!! Enter the compromise...Bohemian Rhapsody. I figured some good Queen music could cheer me up! I can say that I have become a little obsessed with the soundtrack to A Star is Born. I do this..I am so weird. When I find something I like (movie, book, whatever) I become obsessed. I love to research about the actors and actresses, the story behind the movie/book, or whatever else I can find. The last two days I have been watching interviews of Gaga and Bradley Cooper. I am just fascinated with the talent and what was put into the making of the movie! Bohemian Rhapsody was amazing also! But I knew a movie full of Queen music would be! ;)
Sunday was spent going to church, and then eating at Grandma's for lunch. After lunch, I went to the grocery store and then did some laundry. We did watch the Oscar's that night so we could see Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga sing together. It was amazing! If you haven't watched it, google it! Wow.. (I am not convinced there isn't something between them)
We finally made it to bed, and boom, it's Monday morning again!
New week, new adventures, new memories and finally sunshine! ;)
Hope everyone has a super day filled with many blessings.
Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment