Monday, September 9, 2013

Soccer Mom!

Saturday morning was Jagger's first soccer game! We had to be there at 8:30am!! I have said before that Jagger is not a morning person. He did pretty good getting up but it took forever to get him ready! We were officially going to be late when a small light went off in his sweet little brain that today was his first game! Then he turned into turbo getting ready! We pull up out to the soccer fields and it is craziness!! People are everywhere..I don't know what I expected but I didn't expect that! We get parked and get out, Matthew turns to me and says, "well its official, you are a soccer mom! Mini van and all!" ;) I couldn't help but laugh because this is a term when you are younger you really don't think is cool but I can tell you I wouldn't want to be anything else- Van and ALL!
The game was so funny!! There is something about watching little kids play that make me so happy! I am glad we are not to the age yet where parents ruin the game! First let me explain that my Jagger is so timid at times. He is not aggressive at all. He is just there to have fun! The beginning of the game I could tell something was wrong. He was just standing on one side of the field watching the other kids play. It hit me that he is not going to run out there and push his way to the ball..now if it comes his way he is all for it! Finally after a few minutes he got it and then it was all good...He had a blast the rest of the game! The funniest part was during one of the last sessions Jagger walks off the field over to his Pa CP and says, "Pa, Can we go Dove hunting today?" hahahahahahaha...all we could do was laugh! My boy is a true country boy at heart! He could care less about all that..His main concern is God's country and what he can hunt! Gotta love him! After the game all the kids were hot and tired! They all got snacks and we headed home!
Matthew and I got to go to Jonesboro for the afternoon to celebrate my birthday while Gigi and Pa watched the babies! I was so excited! I could hardly sleep the night before because I couldn't wait to walk in a store and get to look without being distracted or having to rush because a baby is crying! We got down there and ate at Fuji! Then we go shopping...It makes me laugh because we are so geared to going places with kids, we don't hardly know how to act without them! I found myself rushing in stores just because. I definitely by passed the toys this time! I was disappointed in the selection everywhere. I didn't find much because it is hard for me to buy think sweaters when it is 98 degrees outside! So I ended up with a book, cake plate, and a shirt! :)
On the way home, I kind of started feeling yucky. Just really tired but I thought it was just going to bed late, getting up early then being gone all day. By the time we got back to town, got the kids and came home I was feeling really bad. We went to bed early and when I woke up in the night to feed Hudson I knew something was wrong. I was so achy I could hardly hold him. I was hurting all over and my throat was so sore I coudln't even swallow. The next morning, Matthew woke me up to get ready for church and I couldn't move. I knew there was no way I was going to church. We went to Grandma Betty's for lunch and to celebrate my birthday but I struggled the whole time. I just couldn't function and this is not good when you are a mom. I got worse and worse as the day went on. I felt so bad I missed our Leadership meeting at church and a birthday party. I came home and crashed. This morning I woke up with no aches but still feeling horrible. The boys and I laid around all day! We did absolutely nothing..and at one point today I had a small panic attack. I have not been sick since the night I got airlifted..Thoughts and memories came rushing into my head and all I could do was cry. This horrible feeling came over me and I got to where I couldn't breathe. I even called Matthew and was telling him I was hurting in the same spot the night I was airlifted! I knew instantly to go to God and calm down. Jagger had  been asking me if I was going back to St. Louis because I was sick and that upset me. I pulled out my bible and went to some of my favorite verses about anxiety..took some deep breaths and felt much better! God is so good! I got an appointment to the doctor and guess what??? Severe Sinus Infection! The doctor even said, Well..Its your time of the year..You have been here around the same time every year since 2008!" He gave me some medicine and sent me on my way! The rest of our night has been lazy!! I am not complaining..I have needed lazy! This soccer mom has been worn out and is happy to have a lazy day!!
Hope everyone has a blessed night!





No comments:

Post a Comment