Friday, September 6, 2013

TGIF

Thank. Goodness. It's Friday!! I don't know about you but I love Fridays! I love knowing the next day we can sleep in if we want. I love knowing that tomorrow might hold something exciting to do. I love how in the fall its the start of High School football games and so much more!! Growing up we loved Friday's because that meant at night we would get to watch TGIF....Family Matters, Step by Step and Full House!!!!
I am a very organized person or at least I try to be in my own way! I always have calenders that have all of our stuff on it and then I also have a menu calender! This is the only way I can keep up with buying groceries! ;) The last month or so I have noticed our calender is filling up so fast! I even look at the months ahead and they are slowly filling up! I guess what I am saying is that weekends are not the same as they have always been! A weekend to me was always a time to rest and recoup from the week! As Jagger is getting older and more involved, Matthew and I are also getting involved with our own things, I am seeing our weekends look like our weeks! Crammed full and some days several things right after another! How do we get like this and I know in several years when Hudson gets older it will only get worse!! It kind of gives me anxiety thinking about it!??? I honestly do not see how people with over 3 kids do it??? How do you spend time with your family? How do you have time for supper together? or are we at an age in time where we are so wrapped up in "activities" that we forget what is important??? I pray that Matthew and I do not get to this point! I hope no one gets offended by this....I know we all love to be involved but I hope Matthew and I can step back and say No to things. I hope we can say no to overly full schedules and yes to a little bit of free time. I want to make sure we don't get so wrapped up we forget who we are and what our main focus is. I think this  is so important! and maybe I am wrong??
My birthday was yesterday and it amazing! I can't even begin to explain how blessed I am! I am so excited that I got to celebrate this birthday was two of the most precious boys ever and an amazing husband! They truly make me feel special! The best part of my day was laying in the floor with Jagger and Hudson. Jagger was on one side of me and Hudson on the other! Jagger was playing with my hair and Hudson just doing his Hudson talk! Jagger and I were talking about everything...talking about how old I was ..talking about how much we loved each other...talking about Jesus...talking about how happy we are Hudson is with us...and so many other things! I know these are "gifts" I will treasure forever!
I am super excited because tomorrow is Jagger's first soccer game! It makes me laugh because it is a 8:30 in the morning and as I have said before Jagger is not a morning person! The other day he ask me if he would EVER get to sleep in again! I told him probably not.. especially with soccer on every Saturday and we do early church on Sunday 8:30! Oh well..it has been great for us because we have been in bed every night no later than 9:30!! Its awesome!
Hope everyone has a blessed Friday night!!
Lots of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment