Wednesday, June 9, 2021

A Day

 Let me start by saying that it is 8:13am and I have already had two cups of coffee and walked 2.5 miles this morning!!!! Holy cow...who is this person? This is the same girl that the last few months can't hardly will herself out of bed, let alone get more than 1,000 steps a day. I know, I know, you are thinking big deal Megan. But this is a big deal and if you are someone who knows what a "low" is then you get it. Depression is this ugly monster that grabs hold of you and won't let go, so having the "want to" is a big deal! 

Yesterday was a pretty normal day for us. I honestly can't remember what I did of the morning, so obviously it wasn't anything exciting or important! (I really am scared that I am getting the onset of dementia or alztehimers) I do know we had to get Hudson to swim team by 11.  Oh wait, it came to me. I got up and had my quite time. Goodness knows I need that more than the air I breathe. It has been a hot minute since I have actually set down with God, and studied his word. I talked to him. I cried. I ask questions. I sat still in his presence and man did it feel good. After a few cups of coffee, I curled up on the couch with another cup of coffee and watched The Butler. Its an oldie but goodie. Its one of my top favorites.

Around 10:35, I figured it was time to literally throw on some clothes and get out the door to swim team. I have officially become the parent that gets their kid to practice at the exact time it starts. I use to be the over achiever who would get there early, but that's too easy. I like to keep my life on edge. I came to a legit rolling stop and Hudson jumped out of the car all while yelling, "I love you Mom". "I love you too, Huddy". God knew I needed to be told first. 

Jagger and I used our little bit of free time to run to Wal-Mart to return the 3 bags of clothes that I randomly bought one night when I was aimlessly walking around trying to find something to buy. Wal-Mart has stepped up their game over the last few years, and it makes my heart so happy. Right now I am in such an ugly funk with my body that every single thing I bought was taken back. Now I know why I hate shopping for clothes. Please just take me to Dirt Cheap so I can buy a ton of random stuff that has nothing to do with my body shape or size and it will only cost $10. 

After Wal-Mart, we had 20 minutes to spare so what else is there to do except get some food! Jagger wanted Sonic, so like any hip Mom I pull out my phone to use my Sonic app. I am trying to get better about using fast food apps, but I am still not quite there. I place the order and feel like I accomplished something awesome. We get to Sonic and I am so proud of myself because all we have to do is pick up the food and we are still on time to get Hudson. The sweet Sonic lady brings the food out and while she is reading off the list of things we got, in the back of mind I'm thinking that doesn't sound right. FYI...My family eats everything PLAIN!! and when I say plain I mean there better not be one single speck of anything on it or that joker is getting thrown back in the bag! I turn to look at Jagger to confirm what I am hearing and he says, "Mom, I think our order is wrong". I'm like surely not..I ordered exactly what you wanted on the app. A PLAIN cheeseburger...or at least that is what I thought I ordered. Nope! That would be too easy. I had ordered a cheeseburger with spicy mayo, jalapenos, chili and bacon!!!! What in the world? Come on Sonic...who in their right mind would order this? Apparently me....I wonder what the Sonic people were thinking when they saw this order? Needless to say, this didn't fly with Jagger, so I quickly ordered a plain cheeseburger. At this point, I am getting a little antsy and nervous about getting back to pick up Hudson. Thankfully Sonic was on their A game and got the meat, cheese, and bread out quickly! 

Once we got Hud picked up, we came home and worked on chores! That's a whole post for itself. The night ended with a ballgame, a night time walk, and some 2nd grade teacher work! Not bad for a pretty normal day! 

So I will leave you with my advise for the day.....If you are ordering food from a mobile app, please make sure you double check your order before you submit it! It will save you time and money! 

Go enjoy your day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment