Thursday, June 10, 2021

Jerry Springer

 Do you ever wake up from a day and wonder if that really happened? Was this all a bad dream? My life here lately has been like this? In the last month, we have had a death in the family, my grandpa had an emergency pacemaker put in, my grandmother is having heart trouble and is in and out of the hospital, my mimi was put in the hospital, momma is battling an ugly case of  bronchitis, my nose surgery, and then just normal life things....baseball, swim, and weight-lifting. Oh yea...and I am a mom and a wife!! 

My dad's family is extremely complicated. I even said in an earlier blog post, that I always knew this but I honestly had no idea how complicated. This is where Jerry Springer comes in.....I woke up this morning and truly questioned if we had been on an episode. What just happened here? Last night, I laid in the floor crying out to God to intervene. Please come and heal the brokenness. Please come and heal the pain. For years, I have blamed myself for the problems of this family. I truly believed for a long time that me being born was some of the issues, but I have come to realize that these problems stem far before I was born. 

In times like these I have never been so grateful for my relationship with Christ. I truly know without a doubt that HE is here with me. I can't control what goes on, but I can control what I have with him. I have made huge mistakes in my life. I have screwed up. I sin every single day. I am not perfect, but I do know he LOVES me. I do know that he has forgiven me, and that is something that no one can take away from me. 

The last few years have taught me that material things are nothing! The older I have gotten the more I could care less about material things. You want it...you can have it! I can't fathom only putting my focus on what my parents and grandparents are going to leave me when they are gone. Memories are all I want, and boy do I have some. I am so so grateful for the load of memories that I have, and what's even better is that they are good ones. I love they are my memories and no one can take them! 

I have no idea what the future holds for our family. All I know is that God is completely aware of the situation, and it's not my job to figure it out. It's my job to continue to pray and trust in HIM. Just know if you are reading this and you feel like you are living an episode of Jerry Springer you are not alone. I do  know the episode will end, we will walk off the stage and it will all be okay! 

My advise for the day: Pick up the phone and tell someone you love them! They need to hear it! 

Enjoy your day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment