Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Growing Up!!

One of my least favorite things about being a mommy is seeing these babies grow up so fast!! It rips my heart out!! Monday was a big day for us. Jagger had preschool enrollment! I have tears as I type. I can not believe that my baby boy will be starting preschool in the fall! I have always said once they start school they really are not ours anymore! They are ours but you know what I mean.. Its just different!! One of my prayers almost everyday is that when the time comes for me to let Jagger "fly" I would have the strength and courage to let him! As a mom, I want to keep him home with me everyday! I would love to keep him sheltered from the world but I know its not for the best! This is where I turn to God and just hand it to him. I pray that Jagger would be protected and that he would stand strong in his faith! I also pray that Matthew and I are parents that make a difference in our kids lives. I want them to respect and love us in ways that they want to be around us and do what is right! I pray that we are teaching them Christian values that stick with him for their whole life! 
Right now as I am typing this, I am laying the floor watching Jagger play with all of his toys, so sweet and innocent! He has no idea what is in this world! His only worry is having toys to play with, mom and dad to cuddle with and apple juice to drink!! I am trying so hard to bottle up every second with him that I can because I know I am going to blink and he will be graduating! I hope everyone doesn't think I am pyscho mom, butI really struggle with this...I love my babies so much it hurts!! One thing I have learned through the whole Hudson thing is that our babies are never really ours to start with. They belong to God. We all do. I feel he just blesses us with them while we are here!! And oh what an amazing blessing it is!!! 
I guess I just have to realize that each phase of growing up is just another blessing and  since there is nothing we can do about it, we just have to enjoy all of it the most we can!!!
Hudson update- Hudson is doing good.. Eating every 2.5 to 3 hours! The other night was every 2 hours which about did me in!! I was exhausted but we made it through it! He is still on oxygen and our main concern is getting him to put on weight!!! We go back to the doctor in 3 weeks to see if he comes off oxygen or not!!! 
Hope everyone has a blessed night!!! 
Lots of love 

No comments:

Post a Comment