Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Simple....

Simple.. That is just how we are keeping Christmas this year! I can not believe we are coming up on the year anniversary of our nightmare! I say nightmare but over the past few months I have really started dealing with what we went through, and yes it was not fun and I don't want to ever go through it again but I am truly beginning to think it was part a blessing! I know you are thinking I am crazy for saying a blessing but I know that God does everything for a reason and in his plan that was suppose to us during the holiday season last year... Why? We will never know but I think God showed me alot during those two weeks in the hospital! 
The big thing is he taught Matthew and I what Christmas is really about! Its not about trees, presents, food, decorations, parties and all the other things! Its about Jesus! And last year thats all we had! We were in a hospital room with nothing but family and Jesus! And I truly believe we experienced a true Christmas! God stripped us of everything that we thought was important and showed us what was truly important! So this year I have totally changed my thinking!! We are taking it one day at a time! Whatever shopping I get done, thats what I get done! If I don't get all the crafts, food, and everything that pinterest tells me I need to do, I know it will be ok! I just want my family to focus on love, giving to others and Jesus! The rest doesn't mean squat! 
With all that being said, I will say we have done some fun things so far...last year we started the countdown to christmas with the random acts of christmas...we loved it so much we decided to do it again! Each day we do different acts of Christmas kindness! We have done some Christmas crafts.. Nothing too involved! We have watched Christmas movies! We built a gingerbread train.. That is now falling over! We have read Christmas books... And many other fun things! I want the Christmas season to be fun for my kids but I never again want to be stressed and miserable over a time that is suppose to be full of love and joy! I want to keep things simple as can be! 
Hope everyone has a blessed night. 
Lots of love
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment