Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Sounds...

Don't you love the sounds of this season?? I know I do! The music is amazing! I confess I am one of the crazy people who starts listening to Christmas music way early!! I just love the message behind all of it and the way it makes you feel so happy! My favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night! It brings me to tears everytime I hear it and when Mrs Carrie Underwood sings it.... Oh my gracious! I get chill bumps thinking about it! I also enjoy the Elvis Christmas album! So many great classic songs mixed with his own and then hymnals! Its awesome! Jagger will say, Mom do we have to listen to Elvis anymore?? Hahah. Jagger's top pick would have to be the Chipmunk Christmas. He loves it but after awhile their voices start to drive me nuts! So thats when we go back to good ol Elvis! 
I love the sound of the house full of family visiting! There is so much laughter in the air! Its a sound I want to bottle up so we can listen anytime! The sound of all the cousins running through the house screaming, laughing and chasing each other. The sound of Christmas movies.. Christmas Vacation, Rudolph, Santa Claus is coming to town, Elf, Polar Express, and so many others! 
The sound of the bell.. You know... The bell outside of Walmart and department stores that many of us are guilty of trying to avoid! The Salvation Army bell! I truly enjoy the sound of it because when you hear that first ring of the season we know its The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! 
And then lastly the sound of squeals and excitement on Christmas morning! I Love when you pick just the right gift that makes them smile, jump up and down, gasp or whatever else means excited! The kids tearing through wrapping paper. Then the sound of toys being played with! 
Its all really wonderful and makes this season even more special! 
Whats your favorite sound this time of year! (I know my husband would say the ducks flying over head!!) 
Hope everyone has a blessed night!
Lots of love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment