Saturday, December 21, 2013

Totally Different..

Well this year is completely different than last year and boy am I thankful! This weekend we have been with my parents and it has been awesome!! We celebrated Christmas with them yesterday morning and it was such a special moment because last year we were in the hospital. I had thought about blogging about last year but it has been really hard on me. I thought I would be ok but every once in awhile it will hit me like a ton of bricks. I know you are thinking well why is she being like this...why isn't she happy she is home. She better be thankful that she brought him home...  Well, trust me I have been asking myself why I get emotional about it and I can't explain it, but the times it does hit me its like I am sitting in the hospital reliving the whole thing. The hardest part was being away from Jagger. I can not explain what it felt like having him pulled away from us. I know it was super hard on my mother in law because she was the one having to pry him off of us. I literally thought my heart was ripping out of my body!  On a happier note, we are celebrating every second this year, not only for the birth of our Savior but also celebrating our time at home and our sweet miracle Hudson!
The time we have been with mom and dad has been great so far. I know the rest of our Christmas will be amazing. We opened presents with mom and dad. Hudson loved the paper. Forget the presents, just give him paper and he is happy! He is crawling everywhere and even trying to pull up!  Now Jagger on the other hand loved the presents. We ate breakfast before we opened presents and I thought he was going to not survive having to wait! The excitement about got the best of him! ;) After we opened presents, Matthew and I decided to head to town to finish our Christmas shopping! I thought we would just make it a quick trip! WRONG..what was I thinking. Wal-Mart was insane! Every single isle you went down was packed full of people doing the same thing I was! So our quick trip turned into a several hour trip! When we got home we ate supper and then got ready for our family game of Uno. The last two nights Matthew, Mom, Dad and I have been playing Uno. Talk about hysterical. My mom gets very competitive. Dad just lets us all get him (skip, draw 4, etc) and never says a word! Matthew says, Ok its on!   I just laugh through the whole thing! I am so grateful for the fun times that God gives us...such special memories!
Well time to get off here and enjoy a cup of coffee with my grandma!
Hope everyone has a super blessed day!
Lots of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment