Monday, July 15, 2013

Revival!

Do you ever get stuck in a rut and are not sure what is going on? I am pretty sure this is what I have been going through lately! If you know Matthew and I then you know God is number #1 in our lives and our house. This is something that we are not afraid of and we are determined to raise our boys with God being number 1. I know that many reading may not have the same beliefs that I do or not have the same faith and I totally respect that. I know some of you may not like to read on the days that I talk about my faith and love for God, but it is who I am. It is a part of me!
Ever since we have gotten home from St. Louis I have really felt something going on inside of me. I have felt a strong need for Jesus. Life has been super busy since we have been home and there have been alot of days Jesus has been pushed to the back burner. There have been times I am so tired I just want to sleep instead of spending time with him. There have been times I just don't want to spend time with him, I would rather look on Facebook, or Instagram. It hurts me to say these things but its the truth. I am human. I mess up and make bad choices! I get down and out because I have not been to church since I have been home. I miss worship. I miss seeing all the smiling faces in our church. I miss my quite time I use to have. I miss all this but I have learned it is just not possible right now. Our life is different and things have changed and because our life is changed I have to find different ways to spend time with him.
I have seen God work in our life like never before this year. He has done full blown miracles that at times blow my mind when I think about it. You would think after seeing all of this I would never put him on the backburner or feel my faith waiver. But I do...I am human and I go through different seasons of life. but with all this being said, I have asked God to do a revival in my heart! I need a revival. I need to be restrengthened. I need to be forgiven for not putting him first.

Jesus, I need you. I need to know you are with me now more than ever. There are times I am exhausted and worn out and I need you. I want to make you proud of me. Please forgive me for putting many things before you. Please help me to put all things aside and focus on you and your kingdom. Fill with the Holy Spirit and do a revival inside of me. I ask that you would do a revival not only in me but in others (friends, family, church family, all believers and non believers). I love you so much. In his name, Amen!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment