Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day!

Ok so I know I haven't posted in awhile but we have been busy!!! I have felt like I have not had much down time and when I do I don't want to be stuck in front of computer!!! :) but I still have a passion for my blog! 
This Father's Day really made me think alot! I am so blessed with lots of men in my life! hahah I know you are wondering what in the world Megan....... Well let me explain! 
First, my Heavenly Father! Where o Where would I be without him??? NO where....
Second, Matthew.....the father of my two boys, my husband, my best friend, my soul mate and everything in between! Matthew and I have been through so much in the last 5 years and we continue to grow stronger and closer with each step! While I was on bed rest in the hospital Matthew never left my side! The times when I needed help doing things (taking a shower, using the bathroom) Matthew was there helping never questioning what to do! He was just there! Even the things I thought he might not feel comfortable with (washing my hair, shaving under my arms :), literally helping me use the bathroom, etc) he was right there! Now that is a man!!! I love watching him everyday with our boys! He sometimes may not know what he is doing but he sure will do what it takes to figure it out!!! The love he has for Jagger and Hudson melts my heart into a puddle on the floor! He wants to always make sure they are happy, protected and comforted! Not only is he a great dad and husband but a wonderful man of God! We are truly blessed to have him in our lives!
Third, my dad!!! I don't even know where to start! I think at times I could write a book on my dad! He is one of a kind that is for sure! Growing up he always worked several jobs so I could have that pair of Doc Martins or whatever else was popular at the time! He grew up not having anything so his main goal was to always make sure I never went without. He always pushed me to be the best at everything I did! His favorite saying.....Can't never did anything!!! It use to drive me insane when he would tell me this but I know he was right! Disrespect was NEVER aloud in our house and if it was I was in deep trouble! I actually knew better! My dad also wanted to make sure I appreciated what we had. He made me get a job when I was 14. I started working at Honda in the parts department! I am so happy they made me start working early. My dad has never been the mushy gushy type but I have never questioned whether he loved me or not! He also never left my side in the hospital! He held my hand alot of the time and even fixed my food just how I liked it! ( if thats possible with hospital food!) 
And Last, my father in law, CP. My love and respect for Cp grows more and more every year! What a wonderful man he is! My husband and sister in laws are lucky to have him as a father and even more my two boys are blessed to have him as a Pa. He always puts himself last to give for others. He reminds me of my dad. They both have always drove the older vehicle so the kids could have new ones. Always made sure his kids have the best. Always worked extra jobs to provide! 
Not only do I have these wonderful men in my life but I have my Grandpa, all my uncles, Matthew's Pa, and uncles! I am truly blessed to be surrounded by all these men! Every one of them are special in their own way and I can't imagine life without all of them! 

1 comment:

  1. Once again, love reading your thoughts. Thanks for sharing! Miss you in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete