Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Raising Gentlemen!!

My number goal as a mother is make sure my boys are gentlemen!! And not just gentlemen but God fearing gentlemen!! It blows my ever loving mind kids (young and old) that have NO respect for parents or grandparents!!! What has happened?! I am so super grateful my parents did not let this happen! They would have slapped me across the yard then took everything away from me!
Matthew and I will probably be those parents that people think are crazy and we need to quit being so hard on our kids but I feel like in the world we live in too many horrible things can happen! And we are all guilty of thinking those things could never happen to us! But guess what??? It can! As a mommy, there are several things I want to or going down trying to accomplish......
- my boys show respect to everyone! Manners are so important! Yes ma'am no ma'am, etc. please and thank you! My boys will NEVER call us by our first name! We will always be mom and dad!!! 
- I want my boys to appreciate what they have and never expect things!!!! We sponsor a child in Africa through Compassion and I am all the time explaining to Jagger that these kids do not have toys, food, clothing like we do! I want them to know the world is not all about Jagger and Hudson! I want them to have a giver/servant heart not receiver heart! 
- God is number 1. I never want them to forget this! There maybe times in high school and college where many loose this but I am praying everyday that my boys are not the normal and stick to this! and hopefully Jesus will come back before we have to deal with this!!!
- I want them to do the best they can in whatever they do! I don't want to push them in to anything they don't want to do but what they are in I want them to give their best! 
- I want them to be kids for as long as possible!! I want them to play in forts and in the dirt! I don't want them to get lost in the world/technology and forget about being a kid! Once you grow up no going back!! Cellphones, ipad, girlfriends, etc can come later in life! 
- I want my kids to be able to do things for themselves and not be 100% dependent on us! I want them to learn to do one load of laundry and how to do chores! I don't want them to be 24 thinking mom has to do laundry for them! 
And most importantly I want them to be happy!! I want them to get the most out of life! I want them to enjoy this life to the fullest! No everyday will not be roses but even in a bad situation one can find some good! 
Hope everyone has a blessed day! 
Lots of love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment