Monday, March 10, 2014

WWJD!

WWJD.......Growing up in the 90's this is something that brings back alot of memories! Bracelets! Everyone had bracelets with WWJD on them! The sad reality once that "fad" went through it did not stick with me....I hope that does not sound horrible...I love God but never really gave this real thought and part of it may have been my age! Well I have been faced with this again! Our church has started a campaign with the youth group called WWJD...We watched a movie last night called WWJD and got bracelets but this time it means so much more!  I have actually sat down and thought WHAT would Jesus Do? If we truly take this seriously and ask ourselves in every single situation think what could happen!!!! WOW!!! I can't even fathom all the wonderful things! So......with all that said, let me tell you if you take this seriously it is tough!! I have already failed twice!! It does make you more aware of what you are doing! What would Jesus do at the grocery store? What would Jesus listen to in the car? What would tv shows would Jesus watch? What would Jesus do at work? What would Jesus do on the TBALL/BASEBALL FIELD (Parents!) What would Jesus do with his tax money? what would Jesus eat? so many questions and ways to ask youself! Today I did ask myself during lunch ..Would Jesus eat 6 cookies/Reese's/ indulge in junk? NO...he would have eaten his food then been done! I was so proud of myself, I ate until I was full..no seconds..no extras..I do feel this will help me get back on track with everything!
I cant' wait to see how I can challenge myself with this question!! Hope you can take the challenge with me!
I have also been doing the challenge of cutting back on social media...At first I was worried about giving it up but now I am so happy that I don't have it on my phone and ipads! I hardly ever get on it and I can't believe how much more time I have! I do hate missing out on alot but its nice to use that time for other things and plus I don't have to read all the drama...I also have not done any online shopping in about 2 weeks! yay! I really gave up most internet....facebook, instagram, twitter, shopping..I only get on to check email, write blogs and find some recipes...other than that I have put it all down!  I think it is so easy to get saturated in all of these things!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Lots of love..

No comments:

Post a Comment