Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Slow Down!

I really need life to slow down! I think it keeps moving faster and faster. Am I the only one that feels this way? I feel like the weeks and months are flying by! How is it already the end of October? How is it my babies are going to soon be 2 and 6?
Matthew and I were talking the other day about when we were kids and time seemed to move at snails pace. I remember thinking summer break was the longest thing ever and now you blink and its over! The older we get the faster time goes. It really makes me sad sometimes because I feel like I don't really get to enjoy things. I don't slow down and enjoy that moment to the fullest, and that moment is gone never to be had again.
I think our generation gets so caught up in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tv, and everything else that we forget what is going on around us. We forget that we have kids that need us. We forget about our spouses that are there. I know for me, it does make me sad when I think about the time that I have wasted on all this instead of giving that precious time to my family!
I am ready to slow down. I want to start living each moment to the fullest and giving my all to Matthew and my sweet boys! I know that I am going to blink and they will be grown- that is when I can start worrying about a clean house and laundry, but then I won't have any laundry to do because it will just be Matthew and I.
Here is my challenge for myself. I would love for you to join me!    It's time to slow down! It's time to enjoy my kids and husband.  Its time to not get upset over a dirty house and piles of laundry- that just means there is love in my house! It's time to unplug from social media/tv/technology when my kids and husband are around, they need me more than the computer does! It's time to not get so wrapped up in worrying if things get done- if I don't get 4 Christmas trees put up, I'm pretty sure Christmas will be ok! If the kids don't throw out reindeer food, I'm pretty sure they will still have a good Christmas morning. If their birthday parties aren't completely done from Pinterest/homemade, I'm pretty sure they will have a blast! and so many other silly things I waste time on! So, today lets all slow down!!! If you don't get everything done, God willing, there will be tomorrow! Slow down and enjoy today!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Lots of love.

3 comments:

  1. Amen to this. I am all for disconnecting and spending time with the people around me. Don't get me wrong I love social media but I love when I am forced to be without it (no service or broken phone) that's when I really notice what is going on around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I need to slow down as well. Two jobs and the blog keep me pretty busy, and sometimes I don't always recognize that I have a husband and dogs that need my attention too. Great post - great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Is it sad it has taken me being sick to slow down and say no to extra things?

    ReplyDelete