Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Things Change!

One of my favorite things about growing up and becoming a parent is how much things change! My 10 year reunion was a few weeks ago and the whole weekend flooded my mind with wonderful memories. While in the car Matthew and I began discussing life before children. Even life before marriage. Before these two things, I would say that I would never do things a certain way or "blah, blah, blah".....If only I knew back then!
Before marriage and kids....

*Before children when my Mama would say something to me that irritated me, in my mind I was thinking, " when I have kids, I will never say that".......I am pretty sure in the last year I have said a lot of things she said!
*I would always say I would not spank my kids...........sometimes a spanking is the only way they get it (not a beating, a spanking!)
*Why am I such a crazy hormonal woman???? There have been times I have cried and laughed in the same sentence!  When Jagger was two days old, I was holding him in the hospital bed. Just looking at the precious baby boy, my heart was flooded with a love that you can't explain. You feel like your heart is going to explode..I immediately started crying...Matthew: "why are you crying?"  Me: "I dont' want him to grow up. He's already two days old!"  Yes....crazy hormones!
*I never knew I could pray so much over coughs, bowl movements, kids being mean, boo-boos, etc!
*Before kids and marriage, I worked out, took care of myself and always dressed "cute"....kids basically destroyed that! I am lucky if my hair is washed several times a week ...or makeup at least twice a week! Don't judge! and don't even start on cute pjs/ undergarments! I was one of those that always had matching undergarments that came from "Victoria who doesn't have any secrets!" Enter kids and marriage.....baggy pants, big t-shirts.....COMFORT ladies..that is what is about! I will never in my life wear a string anything again!  Thank you Fanny for sharing with us some products that may change our life!!!
*working out? is chasing kids around the house count?
*I never in my life thought I would pick up poop, or wipe boogers with my bare hands! Yes, gross, but it has happened!
*I never thought I would enjoy buying clothes for someone else but myself! I have so much more fun shopping for the boys than myself!
*M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E...its the Micky Mouse clubhouse. Come inside. Its fun inside! This song is in my head all the time! The only music we hear comes from cartoons!
*What's Revenge? Dancing With The Stars? NCIS?
* I never knew I could love 3 boys so much it makes me want to cry!!! Matthew and these boys are my life and I can't imagine life without them! Even when life changes so much..it is totally worth it and I would never ever want to go back to life before! ;)
Before kids.....

Wouldn't want it any other way!!!


Hope everyone has a blessed day!!
Lots of love..

No comments:

Post a Comment