Thursday, June 14, 2018

My Favorites Of The Week

I can't believe it is already the end of the week!! We have had a super week around here, and if it is any inkling to what the summer holds, it's going to be a great one!
Before I get started please keep my family in your prayers. My mom's first cousin, Martha went home to be with Jesus. She left two beautiful daughters and a husband. Martha was one of those people that could fill the room with her awesome laugh and beautiful singing voice. Her laugh was contagious, and she was always smiling. I know she is in a better place, but that still doesn't make it easy. Again please keep the family in your prayers. I know it is greatly appreciated!

Each week I plan on sharing my favorites from that week. I love finding new products/books/brands of clothing/ and anything else in between. Hopefully you can find something off my favorite list and it will become your favorite too! So here goes....

Reads
I have actually read three books this week, and all of them have been great!! Dollbaby by Laura McNeil was my absolute favorite!! I seriously will be buying it the next time I am at Barnes and Noble just so I can read it again.


Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult. The emotional roller coaster I was on with this book was unreal! I was worn out when it was over, but wow such a touching book! Anything from Jodi Picoult will suck you in and make you feel like you are living the book! This is a great read and you won't be sorry.

Night Road by Kristin Hannah. Seriously read this one in one day! Started it around 10 in the morning and finished around 1:30 in the morning. I know, I know I am a weirdo! This book was really good, but ripped my momma heart in pieces. So there is your warning! It is really good, but it will bring you to tears!


The bible study I am working on is a First 5 app study of Genesis. I bought the book and am working through it on my own. If you have not checked out First 5, I highly suggest it. There is a daily post in the mornings that is fantastic. It gives you a bible reading, a post about the scripture, then there is discussion if you want! It is something I use on a daily basis, so I love having the book to work on my own time!


Moments
My goal as a parent is to seriously savor every single moment with my kids. I try to soak up my time with them. I love to hear them laugh and watch them play. My goal over the last year or so has been to completely put my attention on them when they are around. If they say, "mom, lets play a game", I put down whatever I am doing and play the game! Dishes will be around forever. My boys will not be little forever! ;) This week we had a lot of good moments, but my absolute favorite was cooking with them. Cooking is one of my favorite things. It's almost like therapy, and I am so happy that my boys enjoy cooking with me! I hope this becomes something we can share forever. 

Tuesday afternoon, we were starting to get ready for ballgames that night. I noticed the clouds outside were getting dark, but didn't really think anything about it. About 10 minutes later, it was thundering and raining so hard we couldn't see the road. Games were canceled and the next thing I know the three of us are laying in my bed laughing so hard we are crying. We had my cellphone and were taking selfies with the silly snapchat filters!! We literally were crying so hard we were laughing. This is a moment I will bottle up forever! Lite is too short to be without laughter! 

Food/Drink
I would consider myself a foodie!! It is what I enjoy talking about and I normally plan our vacation around food! ;)   I am a low carb/Keto person, so more than likely most of the food and drink will be keto friendly!  If you ever have any questions about Keto, let me know and I can share everything I do.    
Pizza is probably one of my favorite foods. I love a good pizza, and that is probably the thing I have missed the most since I have gone Keto. Nothing like a steaming hot piece of pizza with all the gooey cheese and yummy pepperoni. (I have discovered and Keto pizza crust that is amazing, but I am normally in a hurry and don't have time to make it) I was craving pizza this week, so I took pepperoni, marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella, and BOOM, Happy in a bowl was made. I literally put all that in a bowl, popped it in the microwave, and enjoyed every single bite! I have had this three times this week! 

My drink this week has been coconut La Croix. I discovered La Croix several years ago and fell in love. When I did Whole 30, I got hooked!! It really helps me when I am craving a cold can Diet Drink. I can grab one of these and I it helps get rid of the craving. (I know you are thinking that they are nothing alike. No they are not, but my Diet drink thing is more of a habit thing. It's weird but it helps. Hey whatever works huh?)


Purchase
If you have known me for any length of time, then you know that I love a good theme!!! It's like Christmas morning for me! I have all kind of decorations for every season and every holiday, even the "not real holidays". I cook the food that goes with the theme, my kids do a craft that goes with, I drink out of the themed coffee mug/cup...Ok, I think you see how bad my obsession with themes can be! 4th of July is coming up and I am super pumped! We are a huge patriotic family! My Jagger, loves anything red, white and blue. His room is even done in those colors! So naturally we are huge fans of the 4th. It's probably one of our favorite holidays! Yesterday during a quick trip to Jonesboro, Hobby Lobby and Target about sent me over the edge with all the cute Patriotic stuff!! I was a good girl and only picked up a few things to add to my collection! 


Product
Mr. Teals!!!!! Nothing more to say! If you have not tried anything from this brand, shame on you! Get in your car right now, drive to Wal-Mart/ Target/ or wherever and buy yourself some! Taking a bath in this stuff, has become my nighttime ritual this week!! It smells AMAZING!! 


Well...there you have it. My favorites from the week!! Let me know if you have any favorites..I love to try new things!!
Hope you have a super blessed end of the week...
Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment