Tuesday, June 12, 2018

School's Out For Summer

Thank you Alice Cooper for providing a song that ushers me into summer vacation!! I have never been more happy to have certain lyrics playing over and over in my head. 
I am so excited about spending time with my boys. Last week could not get over fast enough and just knowing that I would not return to work until August made the week drag on slower than ever!  I love my job and am extremely grateful for it, but I LOVE the time with my boys. Jagger had church camp last week, so it really made yesterday feel like our official first day of summer break! 
We are doing things a little different this summer. Normally, we fly by the seat of our pants. We spend many days laying around doing nothing, and when we decide we want to do something we do it. I hear a lot of "I'm bored" "mom, I'm bored" "mom, can a friend come over" "mom, what can we do" etc..You get the picture. SO, this year we are trying something a little different. I made us a weekly schedule. Now don't freak out just yet, it's not a normal school year schedule. Its a fun summer schedule! I am hoping it will help with the "I'm bored" feelings.  Here is what we are shooting for: Monday (Make it Monday) we will make stuff! Crafts, homemade lunch, science project, etc.  Tuesday (Take a trip) we will do some sort of quick trip of the morning- Museum, parks, library.  Wednesday (Water Wednesday) We will spend the day at a pool or water park! Thursday (Thoughtful Thursday) This is the day we will do for others. My boys will pick a project to spread kindness and we will work on it! Friday (Friend Friday!) FRIENDS!! YAY!  I know you are probably thinking I am crazy for trying a schedule during the summer, but I am really hoping it will just give us a guide to keep us busy in a "not busy" kind of way! I will keep you posted on how it goes! Yesterday was our first day, and it was great. We worked on crafts that I will post later. The boys helped cook their own lunch, which they LOVED! I got a four thumbs up! We then finished the afternoon with a swim. It was great day and not one time did I hear "I'm bored"! I would say that is a successful day!
So now instead of boring you with my rambling, it's time for me to get the boys breakfast ready and get our day going! 
Have a super day filled with many blessings..
Lots of love..

No comments:

Post a Comment