Sunday, June 24, 2018

Things I've Learned

Yesterday we spent time in Arkansas with my family. We had a family reunion with momma's side then a wedding on my dad's side! It was a long day, but my heart was so full! On the way home, my brain was going over all the memories I have in my life. The boys fell asleep listening to me talk about stories from childhood. For the most part, I have so many good memories, and I can only hope my boys will have a childhood filled with precious memories. 
So with that, here are some things I have learned  over 31 years!

1. Soak up those grandparents!! Get them to write things down. Have them teach you things, and tell you as many stories as they can. Hold their hands. SOAK IT UP!! These are the things I cherish the most. Yesterday at the reunion, I was reading things my Great Grandma had written down and my heart almost exploded. I loved seeing all the pictures of her. I am extremely fortunate to have the grandparents living that I do. My Grandpa AL is the only one we have lost, and that has been about 9 years ago, so I spent most of my life with him around. Many of my childhood memories involve grandparents. Spring breaks and summers were spent with Grandma Margie. Special trips to Grandpa Justin, and Mimi's house will forever be part of me. Grandpa AL was forever getting me a new electronic for Christmas, and buying me some kind of car when I was 5 years old! 
My boys are beyond blessed with Grandparents and Greats. They are the backbone of who we are, and are always are #1 supporter! 

2. Not everyone is going to like you!! (No matter what you do)  Ok, this is a biggie for me. I have spent years trying to get certain people to like me and finally over the last year, I have given up! I have prayed and prayed for it to work and it just isn't. I guess turning 31, I finally figured life is too short to keep putting effort in when it does no good. There are so many wonderful people in my life who love me for who I am!! So don't spend years trying to get people to like you! Find the ones who do, and cling to them! 

3. All of our "precious things" will one day be in a flea market! I would not call myself materialistic. I do like nice things, but I am good with whatever. The last couple of weekends, I have found myself walking through flea markets, and am completely blown away at the STUFF. At one point, I was almost brought to tears because I  kept thinking this was someones stuff. This was the precious stuff they hard worked for and cherished. Some of it I am sure they couldn't live without and now here it is. It completely knocked me in the face. I came home and my stuff looked different! It's just stuff that is one day going to be on a flea market shelf somewhere. Makes you think huh? Is that stuff really that important! How about more memories than stuff?

4. Don't sweat the small stuff. I know we all here this a million times, but it is such the truth! We get our panties in a wad over stupid, meaningless stuff and it is not worth it!! I have really been mad at myself over the time I have wasted over silly things that don't amount to a hill of beans. This is a working progress for me, and I know I am not the only one. How many times have we all had a spat with a loved one over something that was so insignificant. I really think this is Satan doing his work trying to get us upset and mad over nothing. How would we fill if something happened to our loved one and the last thing we had done was had a spat over leaving dishes in the sink? Not good! Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. 

5.Attitude and Respect will take you FAR!! I am stickler for attitude and respect. This is my hot topic, and sore spot. You want to get me fired up, then you put me in front of someone with a bad attitude and no respect. My blood pressure will sky rocket, and my eye will start twitching! I CANNOT handle it. I have absolutely made it my life goal to make sure that my boys are well mannered, have a good attitude and are respectful!   I think it is great to be talented, and smart, but I think the others will take you farther. I have been extremely disappointed in the some of the boys at the baseball field who are very talented but have the crappiest attitude ever. Throwing bats, hitting the ground, kicking stuff in the dugout. This is so sad to me because the attitude is so bad I can't even focus on the talent they have. I completely shut down to someone who has a bad attitude and disrespect. I don't have time for it and I am not going to deal with it.  

5. If you want a piece of cake, eat the DARN cake!! I feel like I have spent my whole adulthood stressing over weight, and eating. It is a constant ordeal with me. Up 20 lbs. down 10 lbs. Up 5 lbs Down 20 lbs. I have finally gotten to a point where I am teaching myself to eat descent but if I want the piece of cake, then eat it(just don't make it a habit) Tomorrow is a new day and you can start over then! 


6.JESUS! JESUS! JESUS!! Not much to say here. He is my rock and my saving grace! If you do not have a relationship with him then we need to talk!! I screw up on a daily basis, but HE still loves me. I turn my back on HIM and he still loves me. I fall and HE picks me up! I love my life here, but yearn for the day I will stand with HIM in eternity! 

Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Lots of love...

No comments:

Post a Comment