Tuesday, June 5, 2018

What's Been Going On?

3 years! What's our family been up to over the last few years? A LOT! I was a the desk jotting down a few things that had happened to us, and was actually surprised at how long my list was getting! I guess our life isn't as boring as I thought it was! I won't bore you with everything, but we can at least cover the high points! (If you don't remember I am horrible with grammar, so grammar police out there, this may not be the blog for you to be reading!) Moving forward...
Real fast before moving forward..My boys, Jagger and Hudson, are now 9 and 5!!

 This is a biggie for me because it absolutely blows my mind how fast time flies. I feel like they should be 6 and 2. I would love at times to freeze the moment just so I could enjoy it a little bit longer!
OK back to what we have been up to...
*Several trips to Disney world and a Disney Cruise. The Disney cruise was great. We have learned what to do and what not to do. I can and probably should do several posts on our Disney trips. If you know me, then you know I LOVE Disney. I would go multiple times a year if possible! Last year was a good year because we did the cruise over Spring Break, then Jagger and I managed to sneak in a quick trip with some friends over a long weekend! I am already counting down the day until the next time we go!  If you ever have any questions about what worked for us or what we do when we are there just shoot me a message, I can talk Disney for days!









*College Graduate! Good Grief, this has been an on going thing since 2004, and I have never been so happy to finish something. As many years as I have been trying to finish college you would think I would be a brain surgeon or something amazing, but NO, just a normal ol' college graduate, and the funny thing is, I am 100% happy about it. I've quit school several times, had two kids, a job, and a husband, who many times is more needy than the kids and the job, so for me to finish was a big deal for me!

*HOUSE...We sold our house we lived in for 9 years, for Matthew longer. This was an extremely bittersweet moment for us.  The house we got married and the house we brought our babies home to! We didn't really have intentions of selling, but God had a plan for us. We bought an older home that was  built in the 70's and had it completely gutted. When I say gutted, I mean nothing left but the bricks on the outside, and we even painted those. We redid all the electricity, plumbing, moved walls, and everything else in between. We call it The Cohn's Fixer Upper. I promise I will do a whole post on it, so you can see what was done.  Where did we live while it was being "built" you ask? WELL, that's the fun part! We lived in a cute little rental house that we named The Cabin. I am not sure the exact square footage, but I felt like it was about 200. Let's just say it was a very long 6 months. We were very grateful that we had a place to live and we made some lifelong memories in "the cabin".

*Work. Matthew started a new job 2 years ago. It was also one of those things that we could see God's hands all over. It makes me a happy wife knowing that my hubs loves the job that provides for our family.
I am still working at the school, but I am transitioning into a new position in the fall. I will be moving from secretary to computer lab! I am so excited. I have loved my job, but can't wait to actually be with all the kiddos. My heart is with them and I feel this is where God is leading me!

*Family. This year has brought growth to our family and loss. Matthew's sweet sweet Grandma Dott went to Heaven last month. You have never met a more loving, caring, soft spoken, precious women than her. She loved my boys, and I loved getting to share stories and pictures of them with her. We will miss her but have comfort knowing she is watching over us and one day we will meet again!
As for growth, Matthew's sisters both got married over the last 6 months. My boys love having an Uncle Mike and an Uncle Beau.


Well, that is basically the high points. There have been lots of laughs!! some tears, some drop down drag out brother fights, but for the most part the last 3 years have been pretty good in my book!!
Lots of love..

No comments:

Post a Comment