Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Tradition!

I love Thanksgiving! It seems to be sort of the "kick-off" to the season! I can almost taste the yummy food already! Every year the day before Thanksgiving I go to my grandma's and help her start getting ready! My dads family is big so there is always tons of food! My grandmother normally has to start cooking the day before so it will all get done! I love it so much because her house is not very big and we are all crammed in there! The men always complain because there is not enough room to spread out and it gets too hot, but I thinks it amazing because my Grandma is so happy we are all together!
Before I got married, after eating Thankgiving lunch we would take a nap after then it was time to wake up and eat leftovers, take another nap, then start putting up Christmas decorations! Me, mom, and dad have always done decorations either Thanksgiving night or the day after! Since I have been married, things have changed! We go to Grandma's, then right after lunch we leave and head back home so we can have dinner with Matthew's family!
Our typical Thanksgiving meal will be Fried Turkey, chicken and dressing (yes..I said Chicken!! We love Chicken and dressing instead of turkey and dressing!), homemade rolls, greenbean casserole, ham, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoe casserole, salad, cranberry sauce, pecan pie, pumpkin roll, pumpkin pie, and tons of other stuff...I can't think of it all!







Do you and your family have any special Thanksgiving traditions??
Hope everyone had a blessed day!

1 comment: