Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lazy Day!

I love a good lazy day! and let me tell you, today has been lazy! This weekend was the swim finals in Cape Girardeau, MO. We left on Friday afternoon to spend the night because we had to be at the swimming pool at 7:15 Saturday morning. The alarm went off at 5:15am, and immediately in my head I was thinking, what in the world were we thinking?? It ended up being a wonderful day and the overall experience of the "first year" of swimming was awesome!! I am so glad that Jagger is a part of Kennett Swim Team! I know this is something that will stay with him forever! I can't wait to see what the future holds for him! So anyways, we finally got home from Cape last night around 9:40! We were all beyond exhausted! Matthew put Jagger in bed, I put Hudson in his bed and I barely made it to the bed! It was one of those nights I was too tired to take off the makeup- don't judge you know you have done it! I just fell down on the covers and was done!
This morning the boys and I slept in. We have missed the last few weeks of church. It makes me feel horrible, but we have all been sick or we have been gone. As much as I love summer, I am ready to get in a routine! I like having the structure of the school year, it makes me feel more calm and in control (type A personality, I can't help it!)
As you can probably tell, my blogging has been pushed to the backburner lately! I just feel like I haven't been able to write like I was. I don't know if my mind is on other things or what? but it is driving me nuts! So I have found a huge list of questions and on the days things are not coming out like I want them to I am going to answer a question for you! They are going to be just random and cover a variety of subjects! I think will be fun because it will probably tell you things about me you never knew!!!! :)
Here is the question for tonight:
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I needed an "outlet"! I was going through a really hard time. I call this the time when the "dark monster" took over my life! I had stepped into the world of depression and had no clue! Part of me thinks I knew but then part of me thinks that I was in denial and in my mind was thinking "I can't be depressed", "I am a Christian, I can't get depressed"..WRONG!! It happens and now I am not ashamed to face it! Matthew and I had been married 1 year, we had a new baby, I was living in a new town where I did not know anyone (I was still the new girl in town and really had no friends), I was a stay at home mom who was use to having a job since I was 13, and my grandpa had passed away! I truly felt like I was going to scream. I felt like I had no purpose and I had no one to turn to! That's when More Sweet Tea was born! I have always kept a journal so I knew this would be similar but I felt more like I was talking to the people that are reading...YOU!! A few weeks into blogging and I started feeling better! I felt like I was getting things out that had been bottled up! I felt like I had a purpose and most importantly something I enjoyed!! I think of it as free therapy!

Well time to get some things done around the house!!
Hope everyone has a blessed night!
Lots of love..

No comments:

Post a Comment