Friday, December 7, 2012

Yesterday!

I was going to post this last night but the night got away from me! I have been working on Christmas cards and once I get started on something I will not stop until I am finished! I think that is part of my "ocd" tendencies.
After we ate lunch with Grandma Betty and Pa, Jagger and I came home. I got a load of laundry going, Jagger watched a movie and I started on the cards! This year we have sent out 101 cards! I never thought we would send out that many and I am still thinking there are going to be more! I am glad I have extras! ;) but it took me several hours and then I even had to work on a few last night! About 75 cards into it, I decided it was time for a break! I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to do our Random Act of Christmas Kindness for the day! I really have not been posting much on this or going into to detail about what we are doing because I felt this is something very special to us and I want to keep it for us! Yes, I will talk about it but I don't feel like its something that I want to go on and on about. I am going to tell you what we did yesterday because I am so proud of Jagger. We had to go buy toys for other kids. At the time when I put all these in the advent calender I thought we would be at mom and dads. If we were going to be there, I was going to have us do either an Angel Tree, Christmas for Kids, or something of that nature but since we stayed home there is really nothing like that here! I did find that we have Toys for Tots, so I figured that would work! I told Jagger that we were going to buy toys for other kids who may not get anything for Christmas. Well...immediately the questions came- Where are there mommy and daddy? Why can't Santa bring them anything? and several other questions that I had to stumble my way through and just hope that God would give me the right words! We get to the store and as soon as we walk in the door there are toys! Jagger runs up to a baby doll and says, "Mom, a little girl would love this!" My heart melts and we put it in the cart! He is going around to all the toys telling me how much they would love this and that! After getting several toys in the cart, I had to stop and tell him that we only had a certain amount of money to spend. Yes, I would love to spend a ton of money on toys for other kids but we just can't! He looks at me and says: Mom, Why its just money"!   Wow..I wish it was that easy, but he is completely right! Its just money and God always provides what we need! Tomorrow we will wake up and its a new day for God to provide! When we left the store, we said a prayer over the toys we had bought! I was so happy and blessed that Jagger had fun picking out the toys- not only fun but he has a huge heart and wanted to buy so much for others...not himself! I can not stop God for leading me to do this Christmas countdown. It has already taught me so much and I can't wait to see what the days ahead hold! I know that this has helped my family focus on what Christmas is truly about.
Once we got done delivering the toys to the drop off location, we came home and had to get ready for the Chamber of Commerce board dinner! I have to brag on my husband for a few minutes! I am so super proud of him. He has been elected to be on the Chamber of Commerce board in our town! I think this is a true honor and something very exciting! He is a wonderful Christian man, husband and dad! I can not thank God enough for letting him be apart of my life!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment