Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tornados!

Tornado....a word not many people like to hear! For some, its a word that brings immediate fear and panic. For others, it is an adrenaline rush or a time when they like to stand out on the front porch and watch for them while the rest of the family is huddled down in the bath tub! ;)
When I was a little girl, I was terrified of storms...and when I say terrified I am talking, spent most of the spring and summer in the closet! I would watch the weather and would just get beyond nervous when they would talk about storms. I would cry and just become hysterical! This was all around the time that Searcy/Beebe area got hit over and over with tornadoes..I want to say around 1998?? not too sure but it was a horrible year for tornadoes. My dad had also decided to buy a storm shelter that year and since he worked nights, my cat, mom and myself spent many nights in the storm shelter! I also remember when mom would tell me to get ready to go into the shelter, I had my backpack of all my important things ( Backstreet Boys posters, pictures of friends, slap bracelets, notes that we wrote at school,etc) hahahaha.. I just laugh thinking about it! We would get into the shelter, spend the night and the next morning out we came! I am just grateful we had the shelter!
Ever since that year, I am not near as scared! Now don't get me wrong...I am not a fan but I don't cry and get all crazy! I guess I have finally figured out that we need to do what we can to take shelter but whatever happens happens and its out of our control...especially weather! and if the good Lord decides to take me in a tornado then I know I am waking up in Heaven!
My main concern now is my kids! I hate to see Jagger scared when it storms...The other night during the storm he did get upset so I want to make sure he feels comfort and calmness from me! As I held him, he ask if we could pray....So what did we do? Prayed that Jesus would comfort and protect us!!
I guess this whole post brings me to the point that no matter what we are going through....storms, death, crisis, etc Jesus is always there with us in the storm!! We are getting into stormy season so I think we need to make sure we all have a plan on what to do but then we should also know that he is with us!!


LOVE this picture!! Wow!


Please take a moment to lift all these families up in prayer!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Lots of love..

No comments:

Post a Comment