Monday, February 11, 2013

Food!!

Food.. If you know me then you know that I am a "foodie"!! I love Food!! I am almost obsessed. I have always had a passion for food. I like to cook it and I like to eat it. I love junk food, healthy food, home grown food, vegetarian food, frozen food, dessert foods, breakfast foods, and everything in between! I collect cookbooks and love spending time in the grocery store! I have even been known to ask whats for lunch while we are eating breakfast!!! :)
So while I have been here in St. Louis, I have made it my goal to find all the best restaurants and give them a try!! Hudson gets a new medical team every two weeks and new nurses every day so I have gotten lots of opinions! I have a restaurant list made so whenever someone gives me a suggestion I write it down! Several of the nurses laugh at me because they say they have lived here 20 years and never been to some of the places I have been! One of our nurses, September, says that I need to go to a Food Anonymous meeting... :) i just think I would make a good food critic! I have also learned that St. louis is the home to several food items: toasted ravioli, oooeey (not sure spelling)butter cake, ice cream cones, and a few other things I can't remember!
Today for lunch, dad and I decided to have BBQ! We went to Pappy's! Everyone we have talked to said its the best BBQ in St. Louis! Well guess what? They were right. That was some of the best BBQ I have ever put in my mouth! I will be going there again!
If you have been to St. louis do you have a favorite place to eat??

Hudson had a pretty good day today but as the doc said he got his "red bull" (blood transfusion) and is feeling good! You could for sure tell he was feeling better! He actually broke his breathing tube today! He is a very strong boy! I was not happy with him over this because they had to put him under to put the new one in and when he woke up he was very MAD!! The doctor had to give him meds to calm down he was so mad and then he fell asleep on us! He was so asleep while he was giving him a bath tonight he didn't even flinch! His arms were like noodles! We were cracking up! More than likely he will have to have surgery on the chamber in his heart! The doctor is almost positive that is why the murmur is so loud and why we can't get him weaned off the vent! We will know more Wednesday about the surgery! I am nervous about surgery bc no matter what it is a major surgery. Everyone handles things different but I guess it will be out of our control and i Gods! All I can do is pray and trust what he has in store!
Please continue to pray for my sweet friend Michele and her baby Jackson!
Hope everyone has a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment