Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl What?

Super Bowl What? This is how I feel this year!!! Basically I had forgot about Super Bowl. I had no clue who was in it or anything about it! Although, Matthew did tell me that the two head coaches are brothers! Pretty neat! I feel sorry for that mom. Who do you cheer for? I guess both! Its a win win!
Anyways, today has been pretty good! Nothing exciting going on! Matthew went back home so I was kind of bummed about that but by tomorrow I will be ok! After Matthew got gone I ran to Walmart to pick up a few things and then I went to the hospital! Hudson looked so cute in his little onesie! I love that he can wear clothes but it cracks me up that the preemie stuff is still alittle big! We didn't have much going on! Just quiet time in his room! I read my book while he napped. Once he finally woke up I got to change him and then hold him! I was so happy! Then i got him ready for bed! He is so sweet! I can't wait for him to meet his big brother! I know they are going to love each so much! Hudson has had two good days and this week they are planning on trying to wean him again on his vent. I am hoping he is strong enough to do this, but I have learned he will tell us really quick if he is not!
So through this whole thing, God has really been teaching me some lessons! First, I have never been known for my patience! Growing up my mom would also have to get on to me because I had absolutely no patience! I am pretty sure I get this one from my dad, but this is something I have prayed about for awhile! This situation has and is teaching me patience! Everything is so slow and Hudson does not progress over night! It takes time! You just sit around and wait! I am thinking after this I will be the most patience person ever!
Another thing I am very guilty of is always wanting control! I like to be in control- please dont take this wrong! I have always been independent. When something needs to be done, I do it! I have never liked having to wait around (there is that patience) for someone to do something for me! I just take control and do it! I do not like not being in control of my family right now. It hurts me that I have no control over my new baby! I just have to sit back and let doctors and nurses do what they need to do. I also have no control over Jagger. He is with Matthew and his grandparents! Its wonderful and I am so grateful but it does kill me at times! But I know that God is teaching me alot. It does make me feel good to know that I have completely surrendered everything to our Heavenly Father to let him take control! I guess in life we have to learn to let go and let him do what he needs to do with us!
I hope These two things do not make me sound like a horrible person. I just pray God will help me with them!
Hope everyone has a blessed night!

1 comment:

  1. It does not make you sound like a horrible person!!! Never think that. It makes you a Mom. A Mom who loves her kids so much that you would do anything for them. <3 You. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete