Friday, January 24, 2014

Night and Day!

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus is so true!!! It amazes me how different men and women are and the way we think about things!! Matthew and I have been married almost 6 years and it makes me laugh how different we are from each other! We are like night and day on most things! I have found the older I have gotten this is how most couples are... I guess it would be pretty boring if you married someone that was just like you! Marriage is such a blessing but  let me tell you it is not easy!! I think for me God has used marriage to help me grow in certain areas. He has showed me things that I have needed to work on.. Patience, forgiveness,  and putting others wants and needs before my own.
Matthew and I do have many things in common but like I said we are different in many other things..
Matthew- laid back about many things (when we first were dating he told me was laid back about everything but I have learned that is not true!), doesn't get upset about too much, major hypochondriac (this is no lie!), has a huge heart and would do anything for anyone, very talented musically, does not like to read, loves to hunt, does not like to shop, major homebody, picky eater
Me- love to shop!!, definitely not a picky eater!, a huge planner who likes to make sure everything is done and done right, very independent and hard headed, hates going to doctor and will wait until the very last minute to go, gets flustered when things do go as planned(really working on this!), ocd about  the house being picked up and cleaned!
Even though we have so many differences we have so much in common.... We love to laugh, we love music, we love our kids, we love God, we enjoy our time together, we love our dessert!, we want to make others happy, we love our friends, we are both head over heels for our grandmas, after 6 years we have finally got to where we agree on money,  we really don't care what others think of us.. All that matters is what God thinks first, husband/wife second and kids third- everything and everyone falls in place after that. 
I love that God has given me someone who brings out the best and worst in me! And I mean that in that Matthew makes we want to be a better person but then sometimes he irritates me so bad I want to scream( his laundry and shoes that have been laying the same spot of several days!! I refuse to pick them up!) hope Im not the only one that thinks this about their husband, but after about 5 minutes I fall in love all over again.. Isn't that the beauty of marriage and loving someone! 
Matthew is the butter to my bread, the peanut butter to my jelly, the ham to my burger, the ying to my yang, and whatever else there is!! I love him so much it hurts and I thank God he brought us together! 
Hope everyone has a blessed day! 
Lots of love..

No comments:

Post a Comment