Thursday, January 16, 2014

Still Inside!!

Well we are going on a couple of days of being inside! Yesterday I almost had a panic attack because every 5 minutes I would get a text message of someone else who had the flu! I finally just had to hand it to God...God I am doing everything I can and the rest is up to you- Please protect my family!
So I have been super excited because I told you that at least 3 days a week I am going to make a new pinterest recipe and tell ya how it is! I was going to try and write last night but as you can see that didn't happen! For some reason the last couple of months every time I get something in my head that I want to do, it never happens. but oh well I am here now. I will tell you about last nights meal and tonights! Matthew and I have been trying to watch what we are eating. He is in a wedding in March and then my class reunion is this year! These are both good motivators to get us on track! So far we are doing well..We both downloaded the my fitness pal app and are trying to stick to so many calories a day!
The meal I made for Wednesday night supper was Taco Bell Mexican Pizza-skinny version! I love Taco Bell but I don't love their calories and fat content! It is unreal but it tastes so good! When I saw this recipe I knew instantly I wanted to try it! The recipe was super easy....
 The ingredients are Whole Wheat Flour tortillas, Shredded cheese (I am mad at myself because I had bought reduced fat cheese but forgot it in the fridge!), taco bell taco seasoning, fat free refried beans, taco sauce, chili powder, salt, pepper, ground turkey and two other seasonings! The recipe also called for additional toppings: tomatoes, green onion, and then sour cream and guacamole -optional

This picture is the final product...It doesn't look super pretty but it was super yummy and it was so easy...It has so much stuffings that I could only eat half and that averaged out to around 300 calories. I know that seems like alot but it really is so stuffed that you get full quick! Here is a link to the recipe..Mexican Pizza   My family gave it a thumbs up so we will be eating this again!

Tonights meal was super easy also and I thought even better than last night! It was Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken...I didn't have a recipe..I just found a picture on pinterest and when I clicked on it, it didn't go anywhere..thankfully on the picture was a list of the ingredients so I just dumped them in the crockpot and it turned out amazing!
Ingredients- chicken (I used boneless skinless tenderloins-this is what I had in freezer), teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, garlic, chicken broth ( I used low sodium or fat free which ever- my brain this late does not function properly)
Put all this in crock pot on high for 4 hours...now if I was using chicken breast it would probably be longer! The last 15 minutes I dumped in some frozen broccoli..While that was finishing up I cooked some rice to go with it! Once the chicken was done I sprinkled sesame seeds on top! It was so yummy~ Jagger even approved!

This one will for sure be added to the list of recipes!
So far the 2 things I have made we have enjoyed...tomorrow night is Pizza Pasta! I am so burned out on pizza but Jagger could eat it every meal everyday! I am hoping he will enjoy this just as much!

Ok now on to other things....while we were in St Louis we had an addition built on to our house! It is just a huge room that we call the playroom! We really haven't done anything with it and it literally has been strictly for toys..We didn't even have a TV in here until now! For Christmas we got a Tv for this room and have been so excited about getting this room put together! The boys toys have always just been piled up in the corner, and it was driving me insane! I need organization in my life! Thank you Target for the awesome shelves that we put up to organize all the toys!!
Before: (and even before this the toys were piled on the other side of the room and I had the couch and recliner on this side!)

After:

Still a working progress but I am super happy that we are heading in the right direction! Hopefully in the next 6 months I can find stuff for the walls?? :)
Hope everyone has a blessed night!
Lots of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment