Monday, November 3, 2014

The Night I Became A Blonde!

Many of you know I am a true brunette! Always have been, always will be. BUT on Halloween night things changed! This is the fun thing about Halloween. We can dress up, change the way we look and then go back to the way they were! ;)
Our original plans for Halloween were to be pirates! Ever since Disney, Jagger has been obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean. While  on the  Pirates ride he was already asking to be a pirate for Halloween. In my mind, I was  thinking this would be awesome and super easy! We even picked up some cute accessories from the Pirates of the Caribbean store! I am all about themes for Halloween so I thought we could just all dress up as pirates and call it good. The next day I ran to Wal-Mart and just happen to find pirate costumes in each of our sizes. This never happens and they were the last ones left, so I knew it was meant to be! ;)
Our church does Trunk or Treat, and we had signed up to do a trunk. At first I was thinking we could throw together a quick pirate trunk to go along with the pirate costumes!. I was so happy that I was ahead of the game and prepared. Well four days before Halloween, Matthew and I were talking about Trunk or Treat and decided that the pirate thing might not be the best, so we thought we would scratch the idea. I was really stressing out because what could we throw together with only 4 days left, and Wal-Mart had nothing left! The Halloween isle is officially Christmas now! I had given up and thought we could just bring our hay and other fall decorations to use for our trunk. Problem fixed..still wasn't sure about costumes! Matthew and I were eating lunch and he says, "I want to dress up as Bro. Ed". I started cracking up. Matthew: No, I am serious. I want to dress up as Ed.  Me: Ok...I will dress up as his wife Judy!!   I was so excited.  This would be so easy and I knew we had all the stuff to pull it off. We thought we would surprise them with the idea. We mentioned to a few people and they thought it was great!!
Halloween day came and I was so excited about getting ready for Trunk or Treat! I couldn't wait for the reaction!  Jagger decided he still wanted to be a pirate and Hudson was not feeling costumes!! This year I did not do a good job with the kids. Jagger didn't want pictures made so guess what? I didn't get any good pictures of the kids! (the pictures I do have are what we took when we were trying on costumes and what my bff took of my kids!) Mom of the year award for me! :)





Halloween day -school party!



Trunk or Treat: Bro Ed and Judy!!

The real Ed and Judy

The reactions were priceless!! It is probably the most fun I have ever had dressing up!! Hudson was not sure what to think of me as a blonde!! I think I will stick to brown hair! :)
The rest of the night was spent eating, and visiting with friends and family!

*Prayer request-  I need all of my prayer warriors to stop and say a prayer for a family that is very dear to my heart! My very close friend, Mrs. Janet, is needing lots of prayers. Her grandson, Jack is going to need surgery on his heart. He was born a few weeks ago, and a couple of days after he was born they found the hole. They are taking him today to be evaluated for surgery! Please keep this precious family in your prayers!!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Lots of love..

No comments:

Post a Comment