Friday, January 13, 2012

Labor & Delivery Part 2!!

Ok... I am sorry that I left you hanging for a day!! I know you have lost sleep over it! hahah......Yesterday we went out of town to visit with Denise and her precious grandbaby, Weslyn! We had a blast, but we got back so late that I didn't have time to blog! ;)
So....I left you at my due date and going to the doctor!
Since Jagger decided not to come, Dr. Graham scheduled me for a c-section for that following Saturday (due date was on a Tuesday!) Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were the LONGEST days of my life! Matthew did not get off work until 5:30 on Fridays, so we planned to drive to Jonesboro (1 hour) and spend the night at my friend Denise's(they were out of town on a cruise) that way we would not have to get up so early to be at the hospital at 6am! On Friday our nerves finally set in! After Matt's grandma got off work we ran to Wal-Mart to get a few last minute things before we left! It was so funny because Matthew LOVES Reese's Cups...and when I say love I mean LOVE...If there are any in the house he will eat every one of them. I have even tried hiding them and he has some sort of radar that tells him where they are! When he got home from work and we were fixing to leave, he sat at the trash can and ate about 4 packs (these are the ones with 2 in each). He was cramming them in his mouth! He was so nervous, I guess he thought that would calm his nerves!
We finally get around and leave. When we got to Jonesboro, we went to Hastings and got several movies. I was craving Tropical Smoothie so we stopped in there (Matthew was not too happy about this and now I look back and can't believe I wanted that!!) After eating, we went to Denise's to get settled in. I knew we probably would not get any sleep because of nerves, but at least we were going to try! We watched Vantage Point, and really I don't remember going to sleep that night. I do remember the alarm going off at 5am!! I roll out of bed and get my shower, fix my hair, and put on a tiny bit of make-up! hahahha.. You know I had to look cute because everyone was going to be taking pictures!
We got to the hospital at 5:45 and get checked into our room! By this time I was just ready for Jagger to make his arrival! oh and by the way I am terrified of needles!!!!! this is not good considering they have to poke you 100 times and hook you up to all these machines! Well..the first 5 minutes I was there, they get me hooked up to the IV and of course the girl hit the vein and blood was going everywhere! I thought I was going to pass out! They got it all cleaned up and I got calmed down and then it was time to wait! We waited and waited...we had the whole family there and then Amy and Robbie were plus lots of other friends! My room was constantly full and from what they tell me, our group took up the whole waiting room! Around 10am, Dr.Graham decides to start the Pitocin! She let the pitocin go for about an hour and then it was time for my epidural! Thank the good Lord for this!! My doctor is ALL about natural birth but she says that she never lets women that get induced go without an epidural. She said because the pitocin is man made it make the contractions way worse than if your body starts them!
I was so scared during my epidural I thought I was going to fall off the bed! I had the shakes worse than I ever have...and then they tell me if I don't stop shaking it may cause them to miss the vein and I would be paralized! Thanks...way to calm me down! I ending up crying my eyes and sometime in then she stuck me and I never knew it happened!!! I never even felt the dang needle! Seriously??? I worked myself up for all that!!
After lunch we are back on track..I am comfortable..not feeling a thing! Thank you epidural! I had a great day actually! The only thing is I was so sick of ice chips and popsicles! Blah..but I couldn't talk the nurses into anything else! Oh well...back to waiting!
Every hour, Dr. Graham would come back to check on me and nothing new! 6pm rolls around and I am starting to get uncomfortable!! The epidural was wearing off and it was time to put more in! Dr. Graham sends everyone out of the room and goes to tell Matthew and I that if things don't change we might need to start thinking about a c-section! The baby may start having stress and it would be best! WHAT????????? Panic starts to sit in! This can not be happening...I am not suppose to have a c-section!

still patiently waiting!

Love my momma and daddy!

me and Amy! :)

I am going to leave you here for the day! Trust me we still have alot more to talk about! ;) You may get tired of me after this! ;)
Hope you have had a blessed Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment