Monday, March 18, 2013

Bubble!

I hate to admit this but I live in a bubble! I am pretty sure I am not the only person that live in their own bubble! Basically this bubble started with my parents! I had great parents who raised me in a good home! I knew what was going on in the world but not really! I don't think we ever have a true clue of what's going on in the world! As I have gotten older I find myself always saying, "That really happens?", or "People really live that way?". I guess being in this big city has truly opened my eyes to part of the world I never knew existed! This hospital has opened my eyes to what families go through with sick babies! This city has opened my eyes to see that NOT everyone is nice and friendly! I feel like my so called bubble has always "protected" me from the ugliness of this world! My bubble has mainly consisted of family my whole life. Now please don't think this means we only care about ourself because that is not the case. Im just saying that I have always sheltered myself with family so I would not be hurt or have to face the so called ugliness of this world!
It absolutely kills me when you have kids and people immediately start telling you its not good to shelter your kids!! I cant stand this! Why not shelter them?? This world is full of crap that I don't want them to be exposed to! If I want to homeschool my kids to keep them from being exposed to sex and drugs at a young age, why does this make me a horrible parent? (Im not going to homeschool but I'm just saying!) I think "sheltering" can be a good thing? I only want what is best for my babies and honestly I do pray that Christ will come back before we are faced with the major worries of your kids growing up! I never want them to feel pain, heartache, loss, rejection, and all the other junk! I know I completely sound like an insane overprotective mother! I promise I am not! I know that all I can do is pray for them and trust that God will protect them! I also feel I have to do the best I can as a Mother and trust that it is enough!

Ok enough of my rant for the day- not too sure where that came from!
Hudson is having a great day again! He has taken all feeding by bottle since yesterday afternoon! Im really hoping if he keeps this up then over the next day or so he can get feeding tube taken out! Tonight is bath night! Im looking forward to seeing how much he weighs!
Jagger!! My sweet Jagger... I miss him like crazy! I will get to see him this weekend but that will put me at two weeks! This morning when I talk to him, it took everything I had not to cry on the phone! He is such a sweet boy and I know he will be the best big brother!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment