Thursday, March 21, 2013

Grandma!!

I love my Grandma more than words can describe! We have always been super close! When I think of what a true grandma is, I think of her! She has always been there for me when I felt no one else was. I have always been able to tell her anything and everything and I never felt like she was upset or disappointed in me. My memories with her are ones I will treasure forever. We have never done elaborate things together, its normally plain ol' simple things- read, watch tv, cook, look at pictures, etc. When I was younger I would spend every spring break with her. We would go to town( town is 45 minutes away and that is where Wal-Mart is) at least one day while I was there. Then the rest of the week was relaxing. I would lay on the bed and watch her sew. We would watch movies together. I always loved when she would curl my hair, and scratch my back!! I would sit in the floor and have her curl my hair with rollers then have her scratch my back! We would go outside and work in her garden (this was not my favorite thing to do!), then At night just watch tv! Like I said it was never anything special but now I look back and would not trade that time for anything in the world! I hate that since I have gotten married I don't see her as often as I did, but I know she understands! She is 82 years old and still going strong. I have noticed she can do things like she use to but that is expected! I am very proud of her and can only hope I am half the grandma she is!
So anyways I went through all this to say that she finally got to come up and see Hudson. I wanted her to come before this but I wasn't sure if the time was right! Yes, i would have loved to have her here when I was going back for surgery to hold my hand with mom but I knew it would upset her! We have talked on the phone through all of this and shared many tears so I knew when she came up it would be emotional! Guess what?? The minute I saw here I cried! I couldn't help it! I felt like everything we had been through just came crashing down and I couldn't control it! She just held me out in the hallway until I was finished! My Aunt Ruthann was awesome enough to drive her up so they could visit! We had the best time! I didn't want them to leave today but I knew they needed to get home!
I thank God everyday over and over for the family he has blessed me with- on Matthew's side and my side!

Hudson update- doing well! He has been taking every bottle until today! He has really gotten tired! I got really nervous today about it because he done so good then today just almost gave out! They said this is pretty normal and that he has over worked himself! I think we are going to back off alittle and give him a break! I know his little body could use a break! :) he is finally growing out of preemie clothes! They are too short in the arms and legs! Yay Hudson!

I am so excited because I get to see my sweet boy Jagger tomorrow! It has been two weeks since I have seen him! That may also be why I have been emotional! I can't wait to put my arms around him and not let go!
Hope everyone has a blessed night!



1 comment:

  1. That is the same kind of relationship I have with my grandma. It is a special one and I treasure every moment.

    ReplyDelete