Saturday, March 26, 2011

DNow- Day 2!!!

WOW!!! WOW!!! Wow!!! that is all I can say about tonight! I can for sure say that God was working in our youth and leaders this weekend! First let me tell you that I am running on 3 HOURS of sleep!! Yes - I said 3 hours! I can not even remember the last time that I went a whole day with 3 hours of sleep and the thing is that it will probably happen again tonight!
After we got ready this morning, we went and had worship! The music was amazing! I had tears in my eyes the whole time! After worship we ate lunch, then went to the church to paint the basement/youth room!!! This room is huge and old! We had about 40 kids that were painting, and Deana and I were the only adults there! OH MY!! it was an experience! It is tough for me to paint a room on my own but then adding 40 kids to the equation!!! Lets just say that is not something we will be doing often! ;) After we finished cleaning up from painting, it was time to head back to host home and relax until time for dinner! We were suppose to try and rest! YEAH RIGHT!!!!! that did not happen at our house! My sweet Jagger came to visit us, and he had a BLAST! He loved these girls and enjoyed being spoiled by them! By 4:30 today, I hit a brickwall! I was so tired but knew that I had to keep going because things were going to be getting better!
Dinner was so good! Ladies from the church spent the day cooking for everyone! So we were very grateful for them and thankful that they would spend their day doing that for us! We ate and then it was time for worship and the message!
Worship was AMAZING!!! I was crying at the beginning of it! I was so emotional today, and I know it was because I knew that God was doing great things! Also, I have enjoyed being a part of all this! I just wish that I would have had weekend like this when I was a teen! My heart just goes out to these teens and so many others that do not know the love of God, and accepted Christ as their savior! The message tonight was so moving, and after Rodney (youth director) had the invitation and it was unbelievable! There was not a dry eye in the whole building!!!! Lives changed tonight! God was working and it was very obvious! I was so blessed to be there! We are now back at the house and are fixing to start our lessons! I just pray that my girls can focus- we are all tired so I just hope they will stay with me! and then we have a early morning!
I want to end with the lyrics from a song tonight! This song is so amazing! and is very life changing! I just hope that everyone can realize how much God loves us!
Oh How He Loves Us by John Mark McMillan
He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane
I am a tree
Bending beneath
The weight of his wind and mercy
When all of a sudden
I am unaware of these
Afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize how beautiful you are
And how great your afflictions for me

Oh how he loves us so
Oh how he loves us
How he loves us so

Yea He loves us
Oh how

We are his portion
And he is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking
So heaven meats earth like a sloppy wet kiss
And my heart burns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way
He loves us

Oh how he loves us so
Oh how he loves us
How he loves us so

Wow!!! Such an amazing song! If you haven't heard it you should check it out!
Hope everyone has a wonderful night! Pray I get some sleep! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment