Monday, April 11, 2011

Seriously???

I'm sorry I haven't been on here in a few days but it has been madness! Good madness!- until today and that is when it hit! First, I have to tell everyone that our air when out in our house! I have been super bummed about it because it's not like it is a cheap thing to replace! I have been sick about having to come up with the money and I am still not quite sure how we are going to do it but I have to just put that in God's hands! I don't want to spend the time worrying about it because I know it will work out!
So we have the air thing going on...and then last week Jagger started scratching a lot! I noticed him scratching his head- Last weekend he got sunburned on his head, so I thought it was just dry skin and it was peeling- well it kept getting worse. he was scratching so bad we were laughing about it saying he had fleas (yes we were being mean...poor baby) the scratching got so bad he was crying himself to sleep...i knew something was wrong! It then spread to his body...he looked like he got attacked by a cat...his scratches were so bad he was bleeding...So I knew it was time for doctor! We got an appointment for the doctor today, and on our way there, I was thinking it would be something simple, a reaction, allergies, anything!! We would be out of there and back home in no time!!! BOY, WAS I WRONG!!! We get in the room, and doctor tells us he has scabies!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, scabies. I immediately freak out! I mean come on???? I am a clean freak, and I give my child a bath everyday sometimes twice a day...how can he have scabies! So for those of you who do not know what they are..they are a parasite that gets in under the skin. it lays eggs and it is very itchy...we have no clue where he got them...but I am sick about it! It is not something we just come home and treat! He is on steriods, a skin treatment, very strong benadryl, and special shampoo. I  am having to clean couches, put all pillows and blankets in bags and let them sit for 2 weeks, clean ALL the clothes in hot water! It just really stressess me out! We need all the prayers we can get! I went and picked up his prescriptions and it was $155 for all the medicines! Seriously???? I about had a stroke at the pharmacy!
When we got home from the doctor, I had a mini meltdown. I think I was feeling sorry for myself. We are having to deal with air and then this! After a few minutes, I pulled myself together and began to tell myself that being upset is not going to fix any of it! My bible study today popped in my head, it was about keeping a positive attitude in any situation. I thought, either I can cry and stress, or I can trust God is going to take care of us and be in a good mood! I chose the good mood! I think this was a test for me, and it was to see if I would let all this get the best of me!! but I will not let it!! and I know it could always be worse!
My bible study gave me a 24 hour challenge....fast from negative attitude! I am excited to take on this challenge! Anyone else want to do it with me???? The study says that if anything negative comes into your mind say this verse.. Proverbs 16:24 Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the sould and healing to the bones.!!!!!
Again....please keep us in your prayers!!!
Hope you all have a blessed night!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your hearts! I hope he gets to feeling better. Keep your chin up. A few weeks ago I sent up a prayer feeling like I was basically talking to myself. And yesterday, I saw proof that prayers are answered. Doesn't matter how you worship.

    ReplyDelete