Friday, June 10, 2011

Thankful For!

Do you ever stop and think about how many things there are to be be thankful for? Tonight I had one of these moments.. Almost everyday I try to jot down several things I am thankful for...it reallys helps me to know how blessed I am! Tonight was alittle different! It was actually during my "quite" time...I was going over in my head ALL the blessing I have in my life and it made me cry! I just can't get over how privileged we are and many times we just take it for granted! I think about the people who don't have homes, money to buy food, a warm bed, clothes, and all the other things..I even think about how lucky I am to have a cell phone..I am sure there are many out there that would jump up and down to have a phone..Wow its making me tear up writing about it! I just want to make sure that I thank God everyday for what we have and never get too caught up in "things" because he could take it all away very fast! So, anyways the reason for this post is to write my top 10 things that I am thankful for!!!
1. my salvation and my relationship with our Heavenly Father! - I feel this is something that is so special to me because NO one can take this away from me...they can have all my material things but this will always be mine!!!
2. My family and friends! I have been so so blessed in this department!!! I have awesome parents, in-laws, sister in laws, aunt in-laws....(all my in-laws are great!!), family,  friends, and of course the best husband and sweetest baby boy a girl could ask for!  God has just really put some amazing people in my life!!!

Mom and Dad! yall are awesome!

My sweet family!! Love my boys!

Me and Fer aka. Jennifer!!
3. The nation we live in!
   I mean I know sometimes we talk bad about it but it really is a good place to live! We have lots of rights and anything we want is right at our fingertips!

4. Our house! I am so grateful we have a house! There are so many people who don't have a home and it makes me sad! I am glad that we have a place we can come home to and call our own!

5. Health- We have super lucky in the area...None of us have had anything major happen and I thank God over and over for this everyday because I know this is something that can change in a heartbeat! You just never know whats going to happen!

6.  being able to get in our car and go get anything we need- I know this sounds dumb and I hope it does not come across rude, but we are very fortune when it comes to this. Matthew has a job that provides for us and if there is anything we need normally, within reason, we can go get it...Now I am not saying we can go shopping all the time, and buy buy buy but if at night or anytime we think of something we need at the store we can hop in the car and go get it!

7. Air!! So this is one that I am super thankful for! We went a month without and thank goodness we got lucky and it wasn't too hot but I can't imagine it being 103 outside and no air! I hate even thinking about it!

8. A computer- this is something that I think we all take for granted....We have 3 computers in our house right now! That is nuts!! 3! why do we need 3 computers??? now only one works so I don't know if the other two count! ;) I am happy to be able to look up anything at anytime...its pretty amazing!

9. money- My feelings towards money has changed so much over the years! I use to want all I could get my hands on and I always wanted to win the lottery but now I am just happy for the money we have! We don't have alot but what we do have I am grateful for! and I know that its just money...you can't take it with you so why get so crazy about it!

10. Life! this one is different, but I am so thankful for the life that I have! I wouldn't change anything about it! I have made mistakes in the past that I am not proud of but I would not change them for anything because they have made me who I am! I feel my life is truly blessed and I am so happy! I love everything about my life...the good days...the bad days...the "ugly" monster days...crazy days...all of them..you name it and I am loving it!

What are you thankful for?
Psalm 100:4  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name!
Hope everyone has a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment